The National Assembly is well aware of Internet accessibility issues and the importance of offering equal access to information for all, and has established a program for the ongoing improvement of the accessibility of its website.
All current and future content of the site will progressively be brought into compliance with the new accessibility standards adopted by the Government (French only):
The Educational Activities, Library, History, and International sections have not yet been redesigned. These sections contain accessibility obstacles which will be addressed during subsequent steps in the website overhaul process.
Certain elements elsewhere in this website have been identified as non-compliant and will be brought up to standard in the near future.
The elements identified include
- videos and audio files
- photo albums
- "pop-up" help features
- the activity calendar
- certain colour contrasts
- certain elements in forms
The Assembly is working on solutions to correct these problems. Corrections will be made in a progressive manner.
If you are experiencing difficulty navigating the site, contact the Assembly.
The Assembly website
- uses the XHTML 1.0 markup language
- complies with the Cascading Style Sheets, Level 2 – CSS2 Specification standards of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) in the case of any page created or modified on or after March 16, 2010
- has been tested with an NVDA screen reader
Contributing to the Improvement of this Site
You can contribute to improving the accessibility or user-friendliness of this site. Please contact the Assembly to
- report navigation difficulties
- point out troublesome elements
- submit comments or recommendations.
Contact information for the National Assembly:
Your comments will be taken into consideration.