The website of the National Assembly of Québec adheres to web accessibility guidelines developed to ensure ease of access to website content and functions. The three government standards for web accessibility are provided below.
Since January 1, 2014, the National Assembly website has met the requirements of the Website accessibility standard (SGQRI 008-01).
The website integrates the best practices of XHTML 1.0 markup language and Cascading Style Sheets, Level 2 (CSS2) recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), making it possible for disabled persons to access website content using voice browsers, screen readers and braille displays.
Some elements on the website do not comply with the three government standards on web accessibility:
- Some words or phrases appearing in French in texts originating in another language;
- Abbreviations, acronyms and quotes;
- Pop-up help elements and date selection calendar;
- Error messages in forms;
- The "Library", "International" and "History" sections, which are not yet integrated into the website's database;
- The "Audio and Video", "Advanced search" and "Educational Activities" sections, which will soon be overhauled.
In the coming months, work will begin in order to improve the website's compliance with the Standard for the accessibility of downloadable documents (SGQRI 008-02) and the Standard for the accessibility of website multimedia content (SGQR1-008-03).
The National Assembly of Québec cannot guarantee accessibility to the content of documents provided by third parties not subject to those standards.
The website was tested using the following technologies:
- Firefox 10, 18 and 25
- Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9 and 10
- Chrome 31
- Safari 5.1.7
- JAWS, version 14.0
- NVDA, version 2013.2
- Web Developer for Firefox, version 1.2.5
- Firebug for Firefox, version 1.2.4
- OpQuast Desktop for Firefox, version 0.9.0
- WAVE Toolbar for Firefox, version 1.1.6
- WCAG Contrast Checker for Firefox, version 1.4.3
- Accessibility Inspector for Firebug, version 0.9.16
The following icons are used on the website:
||Decrease font size
||Increase font size
||Link opens in a new window
||Close a menu or section
||Open a menu or section
You can help improve the accessibility and user-friendliness of this website by providing your comments to the National Assembly regarding
- difficulty using the website
- elements that are not working
We take into account all comments we receive.